Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer

Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Today I thought I'd share with you the first of my reviews on my recent beauty buys the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer. Until I saw this on a blog a little while ago I'd really heard nothing about this concealer but had heard a lot about the foundation. I've never tried the foundation itself as from what I hear it's better on more normal/dry skintypes and I tend to go for matter bases to help with my oilier nose which is vastly becoming the bane of my life!

I'll start off by saying this is most definitely a rave review from me. I've tried so so many concealers and this is definitely an all time favourite. I'd say in terms of shade it's a pretty neural colour, neither too pink nor too yellow which should please a variety of people. I wear the shade 'Ivory' which is the lightest shade and one major disappointment with this shade as I see with most drugstore concealers is there are only three shades, not ideal!

The consistency is pretty light which is key for me. I have some mild milia under my eyes so anything that isn't too heavy works a lot better for my skin. The concealers I buy are always for the purpose of using under the eye so I can't comment on how this fairs on covering on other areas of the skin but this is fantastic as an undereye concealer! It lightens and brightens, the main thing I look for in my concealers, whilst offering a good coverage with a natural finish and blends beautifully into my skin without going at all cakey, something I found begun to happen with my Collection concealers and the Maybelline Lumi Touch. 

The applicator is a little like the Lumi Touch and the Collection Illuminating Touch in the straw like end which with those you twist to get product out but with this you squeeze it. I like these type of applicators as I find them far easier to get the right amount of product and more hygienic too.

Before with no makeup

After with concealer and foundation

You may be able to tell that I have lines under my eyes but I can confirm that this isn't a fault in the concealer setting into lines, my eyes always have creases there with and without makeup (lucky me at the grand old age of almost 21!). Honestly I will repurchase this again and again as the only thing I've found that is on par with it is the Origins concealer (£16) and this is £5.99!

Have you tried this? What's your favourite undereye concealer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment