A Haircare Favourite: Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hi everyone! So I thought I'd steer away from makeup and nails today to talk to you about one of my HG products, Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo. I have to be honest here and say I'm not that fussy about haircare, as long as it leaves my hair relatively soft, shiny and detangled I'm happy, meaning that a lot of the products in my routine are totally interchangable. 


Toni and Guy Cleanse Shampoo for Advanced Detox £5.99 for 250ml
I picked this up from Boots for the first time a few months ago, completely on a whim. I'd never read a review on it or heard of it prior to purchasing and still haven't now. However, I'd seen and tried products of its kind from more expensive brands, namely the Phyto Detox shampoo. The idea is that once a week, you use this as your shampoo to get rid of any excess product build up on your scalp to leave your hair feeling squeaky clean. Although the Phyto offering did do this, it also cost £10.50 which for me, is a lot to spend on a haircare item. It also smelt VERY strongly like cleaning product which was a little off putting to say the least! So when I spotted this one whilst T&G products were on offer and I didn't more conditioner, I thought why not give it a go?

Three bottles later, it is safe to say this is one of the best impulsive purchases I've ever made, I love it! It does everything the more expensive versions do amazingly, I actually think it leaves my hair feeling even nicer than the Phyto. It also smells beautiful, the normal hair salon smell you love to find in a product. I'd really urge more people to try this before buying any of the more expensive brands' offerings, I really couldn't see myself without it! It leaves you hair feeling so clean and so soft and best of all, far cheaper. 


The Phyto Detox Shampoo works out at £21.00 for 250ml.
Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo is £15.50 for 250ml
Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo is £5.99 for 250ml 


You can find it on the Boots website here, and it's currently 3 for 2 :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment