Overhyped Beauty Products That Didn't Work For Me

Saturday, February 9, 2013


I need to start this post by saying that all these products are just my opinion of what didn't work for me so please don't completely take my word for it or get offended if you see a product you love in here as the chances are, you will! I wanted to do a post about products I wasn't mad about purely because I find them an interesting read and I think they can sometimes be just as helpful as positive reviews. A lot of these are loved by a lot of people but for some reason or another they either disappointed me or just did nothing for me. With that long intro out the way, here are my thoughts!

1) Nars Orgasm Blush - Now, anyone that reads my blog knows I absolutely love NARS products, especially their blushers. I think this is why I was left so disappointed by this shade. I was expecting the most incredible blush when on me it was way way too shimmery and glitterball. I much prefer Deep Throat as I find it way more flattering on me.

2) Origins GinZing Eye Cream - Another product from one of my favourite brands. For me, this eye cream just didn't do anything. My Eye Doctor from Origins does a brilliant job of soothing my eye area and brightening whereas with this one, I saw no brightening effect. It's a nice eye cream, just disappointing as it didn't do what it was designed to do on me!

3) Essie Polishes - I can already tell people definitely won't like this one! I cannot fault Essie on having some amazing colours and I do own a few of them purely because of this. But I find these so disappointing in formula. On my nails they chip after one or two days wear and the majority I've tried have been really streaky which is such a shame.

4) Revlon Colorstay Foundation - This has no lasting power on the oily areas of my face at all. It really disappointed me because all I hear are rave reviews of how long this lasts and on my normal areas it really does, but no longer than any of my other foundations which do this and stay on the oilier places. Also hated the paint smell but would have been able to get over that if it had worked for me!

5) Caudelie Beauty Elixir - Another product that did nothing for my skin. It actually made me skin pretty red and I didn't find it brightened or soothed at all.

6) Nuxe Reve De Miel - I must be the only person who didn't like this lip balm! I found it way way too thick, it left a gross film on my lips (I woke up with so much of that lip gunk, ergh) and wasn't comfortable to wear at all. It didn't even moisturize my lips no matter how I applied it. Much prefer my Korres Lip Butters for moisturization.

7) Rimmel Stay Matte - This was just okay for me. Didn't really control oil enough to be a cult product for me, it did an okay job but it just didn't blow me away. However, on other skin types I've seen this look flawless.

8) Urban Decay Eyeshadows - This isn't the Naked Palette in particular or even everything about Urban Decay eyeshadows. I love love love some of the shades they bring out and their matte ones are faultless. But I cannot deal with all the fallout the shimmery shades bring which is why I'm selling mine in my blogsale! I'm very much a 'in a rush' kind of makeup person so don't have the time to sit with a tissue under my eye to stop having a glittery face unfortunately, but again, the shades are incredible if you have the time to work with them a bit!

9) MAC Lipglasses - Any formulation of MAC lipglosses I find sticky, thick and gloopy. Would not recommend anyone get these are you can get incredible quality lipglosses for cheaper. Their eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks are far better quality for your money!

10) Alpha H Liquid Gold (not pictured) - Another product I didn't see any results with. To be fair to it, I just believe it was far too strong for my sensitive skin and made it red and sting a lot so may be one for tougher skin I think!

I'd love to hear what products don't work for you or if you've experienced anything similar than me with any of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment