Review: Maybelline Volume Express Rocket Mascara

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maybelline Volume Express Rocket Mascara £7.99 (Maybelline currently buy one get one half price in Boots!)

It's not really like me to pick a mascara up on a whim but when I saw this particular one I thought why not? I really look for a mascara to help define my lashes and hold a curl as my natural ones are pretty long and straight and since getting this I have to say, I'm so glad I did.

Like I hinted before, I hadn't seen any reviews on this but from what I believe it's a pretty recent release. It promises to produce no clumping whilst creating fuller, thicker looking lashes up to 8x their normal size. Though I'm not entirely convinced they're 8x as big, it definitely made my lashes full and kept a curl amazingly well and there were no clumps to speak of! However, as you may see in the photos the real selling point of this mascara is the way is defines and lengthens for me,

The formula itself is very black which is always a plus and doesn't go all dry and flakey on the lashes. It actually felt really lightweight and didn't irritate my sensitive eyes in the slightest. I also had no problems removing this and it came off with absolute ease and didn't smudge throughout the day which is often a problem for me as my eyes can be pretty sensitive and watery but there is a waterproof  version if you prefer.

top picture just curled and bottom picture is wearing mascara 

I actually think this may rival my Max Factor 2000 Calorie as I've rejected it for this everyday since I got it! What's your favourite mascara? Have you tried this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment